Pages

Thursday 24 August 2017

Rimmel Duo Contour Stick | My Go To Fresh Faced Look

Recently I'v been starting to put a hold on applying a full face of make up on those days where, lets be serious, are a little more lazier than others. Or if you know that you're going to be super super busy and your face is just going to fall off before you even have time to sit down for lunch. I still try and look at least half presentable just in case I do see somebody that I know but, its London, the odds of crossing paths with someone is zero to none.


All of this started when I started getting little breakouts, but if I'm completely honest, that was mostly due to my fingers not being able to stay away from the sweet isle. So I decided to ditch the foundations and the mountain of products and stick with 'Less is Best'.

Im lucky in the sense that my mum is a huge fan of beauty products and she's constantly reading reviews and watching vlogs so she's kind of like my eyes and ears out there. She introduced me to the Rimmel Duo Contour Stick which is exactly what I need right now. I've got the shade 'Dark' just so I could pull off trying to look as though I've put more effort in and also so that I'm a little more defined.


After my morning routine and my moisturiser has had time to set into my skin, I lightly add concealer to any unwanted red area's or, if you've read my post about Dark Circles, around my eyes. I then get straight into applying this Rimmel product, applying it around my hair line and also just under my cheek bones. To blend I use Mac 163, but trust me a little goes a long long way, so you really only need a light layer and to barely press this product. How beautiful is the colour for the highlight by the way?

There are three colours to chose from when it comes to the contour, and the other reason that drew me more towards 'Dark' is the fact that I have recently been away and I'm off again to Mexico in a few weeks, so I wanted something that I could keep on using. And just like any other product, the more you blend, the more it fades.


Once the contour is nicely blended and I'm happy with how it looks, I move on to applying the highlighter to my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose and also my cupid bow. It is very subtle so if you're looking for more of a popping look, this highlighter probably wouldn't be the best option. But it does help to give you a very refreshing look and brightens up your face. If its a bit too subtle for you, or if you're having one of those days where you feel tired, you could always apply some to your brow bone and the inner corners of your eye just to help make them a bit bolder. I always blend with a fan brush but with this texture I use a Real Techniques B02 brush. Add some mascara and your go to lipstick and you're done! I've finished really long days and I can see that its only faced a little, naturally, so its definitely the product that I keep on reaching out for right now. And for only £6.99, who wouldn't want this handy cream contour?!


Whats your favourite go to products right now?

                                                                       Love,                                                                                         
Chloé Danielle-Taylor 

No comments:

Post a Comment

6 Essentials For The Cold Upcoming Months

I know, Summer coming to an end is the last thing that anybody wants to think about. We daydream all day long for months and months about...