Pages

Wednesday 30 August 2017

6 Essentials For The Cold Upcoming Months


I know, Summer coming to an end is the last thing that anybody wants to think about. We daydream all day long for months and months about sitting by the pool relaxing. Or out in the garden with a drink in our hand and the BBQ going and then when it does finally arrive, it's gone again! But I can't help but feel all giddy knowing what the next few months have to offer. Now I don't know about any of you guys, but my skin can get so dry when its cold outside. I'm talking dry lips, rough skin and just lacking in colour. So I've got some essentials for you to stock up on ready to take on the next few months.

1. Lip Balm
When the temperature starts to drop, my lips need a bit of TLC to help them get through. I've only just recently bought this Urban Decay Rehab Lip Love Balm and I already can't go a day without applying it. For me, not only do lip balms have to actually hydrate my lips but they also get a big thumbs up if they smell and taste good. This one is infused with shea butter and coconut oil so I instantly had high hopes, and theres nothing more rewarding than something living up to your expectations! And whats even better about this product is that a little goes a long way. When applying, you only need the tiniest bit as it is quite thick and glides across your lips very easily. It's not gloopy or heavy, it's just simply a dream. I use it as either a primer and use a light layer 10-15 minutes before applying my lipstick, or I just use it by itself for the glossiness and of course the benefits. The cooling coconut mint is also an added bonus when it comes to this lip balm. I would definitely recommend using this conditioning, hydrate and replenish lip balm before bed and during your morning routine.

2. Face Moisturiser
If you haven't already introduced moisturiser to your daily morning routine, then this definitely needs to be a priority! I have powered through many moisturisers, trying out different ones to try and find one that is best suitable for me, and for a few months now i've been using Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream which provides hydration for 24-hours. It feels incredibly light on my skin and instantly hydrates which is a beauty must have for when those rough patches start to arrive.


3. Eye Cream
I have previously mentioned this eye cream on my post about Dark Circles but I can't get enough of this Elemis Eye SerumI have to be so delicate when it comes to my eyes, close to being over the top, and I've had no worries since using this eye cream. Theres no greasy or unpleasant feel when it comes to applying and it soaks in pretty much straight away. They're now left hydrated and refreshed, unlike those dull and dark early mornings.

4. Take Care of Your Hair
Everybody knows that saying, If you look after it, it will look after you and thats exactly how you should treat your hair. I used to be an absolute nightmare at the hairdressers and would only want the tiniest bit cut off but I've reached that stage now where if I get 2 inches cut off, I still have a million split ends. Thats purely for the fact that I went so long just wanting long hair and waiting months before I had it cut (hair destroyer for blondies). My hairdresser is an absolute angel and she miraculously cures my hair every single time I go and see her. Her go to products for my dry hair is the L'Oral Professionnel Absolut Repair Masque and L'Oral Professionnel Vitamino Colour 10 In 1. There is currently 30% off all L'Oreal products if you buy from Look Fantastic which is something that I will definitely be doing.


5. Body Moisturiser 
I have stuck by this body moisturiser for some time now, the smell is to die for and it comes in the cutest jar. I used to just use the Laura Mercier Body Creme for special occasions as its not the easiest buy to justify, but at the moment I can't help but apply it more and more. Your skin needs looking after all throughout the year, as soon as you think that you've finally stopped peeling from soaking in all that sun, your skin starts to dry up from the cold! This cream contains shea butter and multiple vitamins such as A, E and F which will help to nourish and moisturise your skin... And you will smell like a million dollars!

6. That Golden Glow
I'm really not someone who constantly reaches out for fake tan, I usually just accept the non existent tan that I didn't get from summer and just roll with it. But now and again, especially when it comes to events, no part of me wants to be the palest girl at the party so this is my go to. St Tropez have a gradual tan which you apply whilst in the shower, perfect for the unpredictable weather! This is guaranteed no streaks, so you won't have to worry about covering your skin when theres a bit of water around you and it will also help with keeping your skin hydrated! Theres different shades that you can chose from but nothing best compliments an outfit like a good healthy glow.


What are your go to products?

Love,
Chloé Danielle-Taylor

2 comments:

  1. These are such good points - lip balm is such a big one for me in the colder months.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the lip balm on now, its so nice! X

      Delete

6 Essentials For The Cold Upcoming Months

I know, Summer coming to an end is the last thing that anybody wants to think about. We daydream all day long for months and months about...