Pages

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Your Unique Self Is Greater Than Anything Else

This is one of those posts where I don't really know how to start or where its going to go, but its just something that I just need to speak about.

I will be the first one to admit that on my days off, or majority of the days actually, I'm foundation free with my comfy's on. My mind works in a weird way and for some bizarre reason, I just feel as though I can do a lot more and get so much more done if I haven't put a lot of effort into my look. But having said that, I'm not a complete scruff ball, so theres times where I wake up and I want to make myself look pretty and take time in putting an outfit together and brushing my hair.

I was off the grid a little last week as I decided to rearrange my whole room and try and get a lot done - one of those things that you start, and then instantly regret until its all finished. So on one of my days, I needed to do a few bits and bobs but I didn't have to rush my day, so I allowed myself to make more of an effort and actually enjoy all of the luxury items that I have the privilege of owning.

As its that time of year where we are rinsing out the last little bit of Summer but still loving the introduction to Autumn, I decided to wear something that I felt warm and comfortable in, but still enjoying not having to cover every inch of my body. The sun was out so I just went with a simple black loose playsuit, with a plain long sleeved top underneath and little heeled boots. I drove to IKEA - because as we all know, theres never an IKEA thats walking distance - parked up, and started to walk towards their building. Before I had even walked through the doors, I noticed the person walking in my direction roll their eyes in a way to say 'dressed up much?'. And then since then, it was like a domino effect. I don't know if this one person, had made me feel so insecure to just take note of every time someone looked in my direction, even if they're just looking at the wardrobe next to me, but it was horrible. I just wanted to get in there, grab what I needed and run the hell away.

Everything was covered apart from my legs, which is no different then when they go out in shorts or a skirt or even a dress. It wasn't raining, it was weather appropriate and it was something that expressed who I am as a person. So why people feel the need to judge or make a comment through facial expressions I will never know, and I don't think they will ever know either. Its something everyone needs to remember, and its the reason that I wanted to write this. You wear something that you feel comfortable in and on that day if you want to wear leggings, or joggers or a sweater than thats your choice. But the person next to you who's wearing a dress, or showing a bit of skin, is also wearing something that they've decided makes them feel comfortable in, and even better, makes them feel amazing! We're all going down our own paths and each day is going to be different than the person who lives opposite you. Who you are as a person and what you do or what you wear, expresses that. So I would hate if anybody changed who they were or what they love to do because of a reaction of somebody else, we're all individuals. Ignore the people who make you feel different and embrace the fact that you're standing out from the crowd because of the fact that you are being yourself, just this small difference is what makes you unique!

Love,
Chloé Danielle-Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

6 Essentials For The Cold Upcoming Months

I know, Summer coming to an end is the last thing that anybody wants to think about. We daydream all day long for months and months about...